Urban Cadence: Street Scenes from Lagos and Johannesburg
Urban Cadence: Street Scenes from Lagos and Johannesburg tells the multifaceted stories of two urban environments -- Lagos, Nigeria and Johannesburg, South Africa -- experienced through the artistic expressions of photography and video.
Curated by Carol Magee, PhD, this exhibition was on view at the Gund Gallery October 13, 2017-March 4, 2018.
Artists include: Akinbode Akinbiyi, Akintunde Akinleye, Kelechi Amadi-Obi, Jude Anogwih, Jodi Bieber, Donna Kukama, Sabelo Mlangeni, Uche Okpa-Iroha, and Jo Ractliffe.
Includes artist interviews and bibliographical references.
- Title: Urban Cadence: street scenes from Lagos and Johannesburg
- Authors: Carol L. Magee, curator and lead editor; Caroline E. Culbert, managing editor; Natalie R. Marsh, co-editor
- Paperback: 221 pages
- Publisher: The Gund Gallery at Kenyon College (2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN 13: 978-0-9847080-5-5
- Dimensions: 8.5" x 10"
- Classification: LCC TR642 .U73 2019 (print) | DDC 779.4--dc23.